Monday, July 25, 2011

BACK TO SCHOOL ALREADY?? ALMOST


We only have 28 days left until our little ones head back to school in our little part of the world... not that I'm counting, and I was itching to make something cute for Drama Queen to use as her backpack this year. Last year it was a combined use of a "roller" backpack, which can cause some minor accidents and pileups in the hallway at school... not my favorite backpack, and this tote bag that I made for her last year. I still love to see my girls use them.... So in true Drama Queen fashion, this year's bag had to be stylish, fun, and different. 

After a visit to my favorite (hubby's least favorite) store - HobLob - I was back home with this...

and this...

After a little sewing (only to make the ruffles) and a lot of fabric glue (made it so much easier) I came up with this.  


 You've gotta personalize this tote, I mean someone might get it mixed up with theirs.


So how stylish, fun and different is this??

SUPER fun and a super easy way to create something unique for your little one to go back to school with.  How fun would one be with tulle all around it for a ballet bag?  

*ciao*
Deb

I'm linking up to these parties... Go check them out! 

The Girl CreativeTodays Creative BlogTip Junkie handmade projects
Home Stories at AtoZSomewhat SimpleCraft Junkie Too Friend UndertheTableandDreaming

14 comments:

  1. super cute!!! i have been thinking of making something similar and since I see how cute yours has come out i am definitely going to give it a try.
    Visit me at onesweetstory.blogspot.com - i am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! love the fabrics and the rosette's are adorable!! Great job:) New follower!
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to school??? That time rolls around so quickly. Lovely bag.

    BTW I'm hosting a 12 FAT quarter Fabric Giveaway. Come by and check it out when you get a chance :)

    Q @ http://www.jaqsstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!! HL is my favorite too! Lovin' the fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Great job! I am stopping by from Today's Creative Blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely awesome! I want to go to school with that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute Idea. Thanks for sharing. My girls would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping over to todays creative blog link party to let you know I absolutely love your bag! Pink Pink and more Pink... ruffles of pink and rosettes! I think it's to die for...you have one lucky drama queen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps. your newest follower! Stop over to tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com sometime. I always enjoy new company!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! So cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is absolutely fabulous!!! Love it! I am visiting from Funky Polkadot Giraffe and I am a new follower!! Hope you have a great week and that I see you around soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT!
    I found your fabulous project and blog through the linky party at Somewhat Simple!
    I'd like to invite you to my weekly T.G.I.F. Linky party to share your projects -- I'm looking to grow my party with good quality projects just like this one….here is the direct link if you'd like to join us sometime - the linky is up Thursday evening - Tuesday….:)
    T.G.I.F. Linky Party

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...